- WWE Raw live results: Extreme Rules go-home show
- Actor Holt McCallany cast as Fritz Von Erich in 'The Iron Claw'
- WWE SmackDown ratings down from previous week's high numbers
- AEW Rampage ratings down from Grand Slam
- Report: Max Dupri listed as LA Knight on WWE internal roster
- Filthy Four Daily: Stardom Grand Prix, New Japan Strong, Smackdown, Inoki memories
- Wrestling Observer Live: Death of Inoki, Smackdown, Rampage, RAW, Dynamite, more
- Wrestling Observer Radio: Antonio Inoki Q&A, SmackDown & Rampage thoughts
- Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show: Rampage with Meat Man vs. RUSH, weekly live Q&A and more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- Match of the week and Performer of the Week
- How the hurricane has affected WWE and AEW for this week including changes to AEW programming
- Update on the Performance Center in Orlando
- Why Florida is so key to American pro wrestling right now
- The Bray Wyatt experiment and how it has done so far and what we can learn from it
- The update on the Wyatt situation
- TripleMania preview, what Americans are being brought in, lineup, and why some champions aren't there
- The Five Star Grand Prix finals PPV show
- What to look out for on the PPV
- Update on Extreme Rules, matches not announced, and business updates on the next few WWE PPV shows
- Full coverage of New Japan's major show of the month with Will Ospreay vs. David Finlay
- New Japan shows in England, U.S. and Japan updates
- The most detailed update on the ratings from the past week
- Death of Starman
- Frequency of recent CMLL deaths
- Major CMLL debut
- AAA announces show in the U.S
- Major international star to make his U.S. debut
- More on the Keiji Muto farewell tour
- Notes on Takeshita vs. Higuchi
- Ric Flair update
- Territories on Vice notes
- Young Rock notes
- Ted DiBiase case makes national news because of Brett Favre
- Women of Wrestling news
- Japanese stars headed t the U.S.
- More on the Von Erichs movie
- Inventor of the ladder match
- GCW in Japan
- Bound for Glory updates and Victory Road coverage
- Battle of the Belts news
- Notes on high profile real wrestling fights and how companies handled them
- Advance ticket sales for AEW & WWE and there i a lot of news regarding that
- Streaming numbers for AEW & WWE
- International TV ratings
- Crazy Dana White story and being told he had ten years left to live
- UFC signs Bo Nickal, one of the best prospects in years
- Strange USADA news
- Lots of new UFC fights
- Bo Nickal challenges Chimaev and Logan Paul
- Melvin Manhoef retirement
- Preview of the Bellator and UFC shows this week
- What sports entertainment company lost the most money
- Lots of notes about WWE developmental
- 25th anniversary of DX Raw notes
- What PPVs will the top stars be appearing on
- What was supposed to happen in Drew McIntyre segment on Smackdown
- Landmark lawsuit verdict coming
- Big E holds college record
- A look at all the WWE arena events of the past week and business notes
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Monday News Update
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking Raw, Antonio Inoki, and more with Wrestling Observer Radio. We will be taking more questions about Inoki so if you have any questions on that subject you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Smackdown WWE announced the first day ticket sale for the Royal Rumblewas the biggest for any Rumble in history. They didn't give a number but as of today, there were more than 25,000 tickets sold for the Alamodome in San Antonio, the fastest start in history.
Raw tonight is in St. Paul at the Xcel Energy Center. About 6,600 tickets were out for the show as of this morning. Announced for tonight's show include the contract signing for Bayley and Bianca Belair's match on Saturday night, A.J. Styles & Rey Mysterio vs. Finn Balor & Damian Priest, Braun Strowman vs. Chad Gable, Johnny Gargano vs. Otis, Candace LeRae vs. Dakota Kai and a Matt Riddle-Seth Rollins segment. They will also be talking more about Daniel Cormier as the guest referee in the Riddle vs. Rollins match.
VICE debuts Tales from the Territories at 10 p.m. tomorrow night. The first episode will be about the Jarrett territory with Jerry Jarrett, Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, Dutch Mantel and Jimmy Hart talking about real confrontations in the ring including the time Mario Galento on live TV went after Jerry Jarrett, and confrontations with fans.
At the WWE's Most Extreme Moments Countdown special on FOX over the weekend, there was an interview with Charlotte Flair who said she was keeping an eye on Bianca Belair and the Raw women's title.
A story on the controversy regarding UFC fighters having to wear Project Rock (Dwayne Johnson) footwear at events now but not getting paid for that.
Johnson will be all over the media the next few weeks promoting the Black Adam movie release on 10/21. He's going all over the world. He'll be on Live with Kelly & Ryan on 10/14.
Aaron Pico regarding his dislocated shoulder in the fight with Jeremy Kennedy on Saturday night posted this on video:
"My shoulder’s still a little sore, yesterday in the first round, I think it was the first 30 seconds, I threw a hook and my shoulder popped out. My strategy was to make it through the first round to get to the second round and put my shoulder back into place. I tried in the fight, midway through the fight, I kept trying to put it back into place, but it just wouldn’t go. So I made it out of the first round, and my orders to my coach was, ‘Hey coach’ – keep in mind, guys, he’s not an expert, he’s not a chiropractor, he doesn’t know how to put shoulders back into place – but my orders to him were, ‘Hey, my shoulder is out, do whatever you can to possibly put it back into place. So we tried everything, and we couldn’t do it." Pico now said the doctor stopping the fight was probably the smartest thing. He said he's getting an MRI on Tuesday to find out the extent of the damage.
Antonio Inoki gets tired of the Great Antonio no selling him in a 1977 match and this happened.
Defy Wrestling announced Minoru Suzuki vs. Tom Lawlor for its 10/29 show in Seattle at Washington Hall. Already announced were Christopher Daniels defending the Defy title against Swerve Strickland, The Bollywood Boyz vs. Cody Chhun & Guillermo Rosas vs, State of Emergency for the vacant tag titles, Ultimo Dragon & Nick Wayne vs. La Estrella (Dragon Gate) & Gringo Loco plus Ortiz appears.
Pro Wrestling EVE Queendom 5 takes place on 11/13 at The Venue on Great Portland Street in London, England with two shows on the same night. A double title match with Eve International champion Laura Di Matteo facing Pure-J champion Yuu with both belts at stake will be on the afternoon show. The winner will defend against Hanako Nakamori. Takumi Iroha faces Maria. The shows are at 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Other stuff announced includes Jetta vs. Alex Windsor, Millie McKenzie vs. Miyu Yamashita, and Nina Samuels vs. Lizzy Evo.
Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling from Saturday night in Belleville, IL: PT Beckham b Billy McNeil, Jayson Breed b Waco, The Intern b Rick Ruby-COR, Bobby D b Joe Helms to keep the Central States title, Superstar Steve Funder b Sweet Papi Pachuco,Gary Jackson & Big Texan b Kowalski & Mauler McDarby to win the SICW tag titles, Sean vincent b Brandon Barretta, Haku & Barbarian b Atilla Khan & Shiek Prater in a cage match. Dannis Condrey and Dan Severn were special guests at the show (thanks to Patrick Brandmeyer)
WAR on 10/8 in Lima, OH at the Empowered Sports Center.
PWInsider reported that Rick Allen, the former Sunny Beach, will be undergoing knee replacement surgery today. Best wishes to him.