Four new matches were added to the January 15th NJPW New Beginning USA event in Seattle, Washington, that will include Josh Barnett, Lio Rush, Jonah, FinJuice and more.
Barnett, a Seattle native, will take on Ren Narita for the first time ever. The former UFC heavyweight champion and former New Japan U.S. color commentator returned to a New Japan ring for the first time since 2004 at November's Detonation in a win over Alex Coughlin. He hasn't done any in-ring wrestling since 2019 outside his Bloodsport events for GCW and one indie appearance.
Narita is coming off a singles loss to Will Ospreay at November's Battle in the Valley and a November trios loss on Strong.
Three tag team matches were also announced as FinJuice (David Finlay and Juice Robinson) will take on Jonah and Bad Dude Tito; Rocky Romero and Lio Rush will battle Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson, while Kevin Knight and The DKC will face Ricky Gibson and Eddie Pearl.
This will be the promotional debuts for Tito, Gibson and Pearl.
Here's the current card:
- Jay White "U.S. of Jay" open challenge
- Matthew Rehwoldt vs. El Phantasmo
- Clark Connors vs. TJP
- Brody King vs. Yuya Uemura
- Josh Barnett vs. Ren Narita
- FinJuice vs. Jonah and Bad Dude Tito
- Rocky Romero and Lio Rush vs. Royce Isaacs and Jorel Nelson
- Kevin Knight and The DKC vs. Ricky Gibson and Eddie Pearl