MLW announced the addition of Dominic Garrini to next Saturday's MLW Fightland show with an open "Prize Fight Challenge."
In storyline, the BJJ standout is part of Team Filthy, Tom Lawlor's faction. Lawlor explained the challenge as a five minute exhibition where if the challenger can survive, they win a large cash prize.
The Canton, Ohio, native signed a multi-year non-exclusive deal with MLW last September and is coming off a recent win over Zenshi at MLW Zero Hour.
The February 1st Fightland show will be a TV taping for MLW Fusion from the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, PA.
The announced card is as follows:
- MLW World Heavyweight Champion Jacob Fatu vs. CIMA
- Tom Lawlor vs. Killer Kross
- MLW National Openweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone vs. T-Hawk
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Erick Stevens
- Low Ki vs. King Mo (w/ Dan Lambert)
- Brian Pillman Jr. vs. Jimmy Havoc (w/ Priscilla Kelly)
- Los Parks (LA Park & El Hijo de LA Park) vs. CONTRA Unit (Josef Samael & Simon Gotch) in a lumberjack match
- MLW Middleweight Champion Myron Reed vs. Arez
- Injustice (Jordan Oliver & Kotto Brazil) vs. Gringo Loco & Puma King
- Septimo Dragon vs. Douglas James
- Dominic Garrini Prize Fight Challenge