MLW founder Court Bauer held a media call Monday afternoon talking about the company's upcoming November PPV, working with AEW, and more.
Among the topics discussed on the call (free audio available below):
- He discussed the rationale and planning for Saturday Night SuperFight in Chicago and when they first began discussing the idea.
- He said MLW plans to do PPVs in 2020, but isn't sure about how many. He mentioned they are having discussions around potential streaming options like giving access to TV tapings and other live events.
- He said the BeIn TV deal stands out as a key milestone for MLW as it enabled to be competitive when signing talent.
- He was asked about his partnership with AEW and talents that work both shows. He said his relationship with Tony Khan is very good and they often work out any talent conflicts very amicably.
- He said Mance Warner suffered a collapsed lung over the weekend and is out of their Mexico shows this weekend.
- If they can close a few deals, expect MLW to have a women's division in the fourth quarter.
- AJ Kirsch has been added to the broadcast team. When asked about Jim Cornette, Bauer said Cornette's dates were all fulfilled and there are no more for him at this time.
- He's been approached and has turned down two video game opportunities. He doesn't want to do a money grab and the deal has to be right all the way around.
- He said they are starting to talk about MLW figures.
Click below to listen: