Live English commentary is returning for NJPW's next major show.
For the first time since the promotion resumed events, there will be live English commentary for Summer Struggle in Jingu on Saturday, August 29. NJPW announced that Kevin Kelly and Chris Charlton will be on commentary for the show:
August 29 will see NJPW return to Jingu Stadium for the first time in 21 years. With hot action in the open air setting of Jingu amped up for five title matches on the card, it seems only right to keep our great fans around the world up to date with what’s happening, as it’s happening!
We’re excited to have live English commentary for Summer Struggle on NJPW World August 29. Kevin Kelly and Chris Charlton will be on the call for this huge event! Wherever you are on August 29, be there with NJPW World!
Charlton responded to NJPW's announcement: "WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY."
Leading into Summer Struggle in Jingu, NJPW has Summer Struggle shows at Korakuen Hall on August 26 and August 27 that will air live on NJPW World. The first of those shows will feature four qualifying matches to decide who advances to the KOPW 2020 finals at Summer Struggle in Jingu.
Summer Struggle in Jingu will begin at 4 a.m. Eastern time. Here's the lineup for the show:
- IWGP Heavyweight Champion & IWGP Intercontinental Champion EVIL defending both titles against Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Tag Team Champions Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. defending against Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi defending against Taiji Ishimori
- NEVER Openweight Champion Shingo Takagi defending against Minoru Suzuki
- KOPW 2020 finals
- Master Wato vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru