NXT UK's Heritage Cup tournament is set to begin next week.
The Heritage Cup tournament will kick off with a first round match between Alexander Wolfe and Noam Dar airing on next Thursday's episode of NXT UK. Pete Dunne will be the special guest referee for the match.
Next week's NXT UK episode will also feature a triple threat match to determine the wildcard entrant for the Heritage Cup tournament. The participants for the triple threat match haven't been revealed. The wildcard entrant will round out the lineup for the eight-man tournament.
The drawing for the Heritage Cup took place on this week's NXT UK. The first round matches for the tournament are:
- Joseph Conners vs. Dave Mastiff
- Wildcard entrant vs. Trent Seven
- Flash Morgan Webster vs. A-Kid
- Alexander Wolfe vs. Noam Dar
Dunne was a special guest for the drawing. Wolfe and Dar were the last two wrestlers to be drawn. Earlier in the show, Wolfe had knocked Dar's phone out of his hands when he wasn't paying attention to NXT UK assistant general manager Sid Scala talk to the tournament participants about the Heritage Cup draw. They went face-to-face after being drawn against each other and Dar tried to cheap shot Wolfe, but Dunne blocked it, snapped Dar's fingers, and threw him out of the ring.
There was a backstage segment later in today's episode where Scala was worried about maintaining order for Wolfe and Dar's match. Dunne offered to be the special guest referee and Scala made it official.
Heritage Cup matches will have the following rules:
- There will be six rounds for Heritage Cup matches. Each round will be three minutes.
- There will be 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are two-out-of-three falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- Once someone has won two falls, they are declared the winner and they advance in the tournament.
- If there's a disqualification or knockout, the match ends without the need for two falls.
- If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is ahead on falls wins.
After the tournament, the Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship under the same rules.