After being pulled from the main event, Nick Aldis has a new match for NWA 74.
It was announced Friday that Aldis will now face Flip Gordon at night two of next weekend's two-night anniversary PPV from St. Louis, Missouri's Chase Ballroom.
Aldis was slated to face NWA World Champion Trevor Murdoch after winning a four-way qualifier on NWA Power in mid-July. However, two days later, the NWA pulled him from the match and replaced him with TV Champion Tyrus instead.
NWA Owner William Corgan, then speaking in what's believed to be storyline, said that "no one stresses me out more in the NWA than Nick Aldis, no one is more highly paid than Nick Aldis and no one is more unhappy than Nick Aldis" and accused him of politicking behind the scenes "ten times worse" than anything seen on TV.
The angle has never been followed up with on TV so it's unclear why he was added to the show now. Aldis has yet to comment on the match on social media.
Night 1 | Saturday, August 27th:
- NWA Women's Champion Kamille defends against Taya Valkyrie
- NWA National Champion Jax Dane defends against Cyon
- NWA Tag Team Champions The Commonwealth Connection defend against La Rebelion
- NWA Junior Heavyweight Champion Homicide defends against Kerry Morton
- Matt Cardona vs. TBA
- The Country Gentlemen vs. Gold Rushhh
- Luke Hawx vs. VSK
- EC3 vs. Mims
- Bully Ray vs. Mike Knox tables match
- Pope vs. Rodney Mack
- The Miserably Faithful vs. The Ill Begotten in a Beelzebub's Bedlam match
- Burke Invitational Gauntlet for a NWA Women's title match Sunday
Night 2 | Sunday, August 28th:
- NWA World Champion Trevor Murdoch defends against Tyrus
- Battle royal for inaugural NWA U.S. Tag Team titles
- Nick Aldis vs. Flip Gordon
- NWA Women's Champion (Kamille or Valkyrie) defends against Burke Invitational winner
- NWA Women's Tag Team Champions Pretty Empowered defends against The Hex in a street fight
- MLW National Openweight Champion Davey Richards defends against Thrillbilly Silas
- Mercurios vs. Jake Dumas
- Thom Latimer vs. Judais
- Colby Corino vs. Caprice Coleman