As his final match in the ring approaches at the end of July, Ric Flair is dealing with a foot injury.
Dave Meltzer reported the news on Monday's Wrestling Observer Radio, saying Flair was "hurt." However, the injury isn't expected to derail the proceedings for the Ric Flair's Last Match pay-per-view on Sunday, July 31st in Nashville, Tennessee.
On Monday at 6:05 PM Eastern, Flair's opponent(s) will be revealed -- the final piece in the puzzle for the event. Several options have been speculated on but a tweet from Flair's account Monday indicated that it's someone from the WWE Raw roster.
Flair's trademark "Whoo!" recently returned to WWE's TV show open after being removed due to the Dark Side of the Ring 'Plane Ride From Hell' episode controversy. It's the latest olive branch between the sides after Flair was released last year that also included the June announcement of a new documentary.
Here's the current card:
- Ric Flair's last match (match to be announced)
- Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Jacob Fatu
- Impact Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace defends against Deonna Purrazzo and Rachael Ellering in a three-way match
- Ricky & Kerry Morton (with Robert Gibson) vs. Brian Pillman Jr. & Brock Anderson (with Arn Anderson).
- Rey Fenix vs. Laredo Kid vs. Taurus vs. Bandido
- The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
- Killer Kross (w/Scarlett Bordeaux) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
- Clark Connors vs. Ren Narit