WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Becky Lynch is off Sunday's No Mercy ppv due to an undisclosed injury according to a source close to the situation.
The 29-year-old Lynch was set to defend her title against Alexa Bliss. When the injury happened or to what body part is still not clear, nor how long she will be on the sidelines.
As of Saturday night, neither Lynch nor WWE have said anything publicly. That would follow the same pattern as September's Backlash when Randy Orton was pulled from the card due to not being medically cleared, causing his match against Bray Wyatt to be canceled.
Orton was still on the show, but was part of an on-screen injury angle to explain it.
Lynch won the title at Backlash by winning a six-pack challenge, beginning her first WWE title reign.
The rest of the card as of now:
- WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose
- I-C Champion The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler: title vs. career
- Jack Swagger vs. Baron Corbin
- Smackdown Tag Champions Heath Slater and Rhyno vs. The Usos
- Nikki Bella vs. Carmella
- Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt
- Curt Hawkins vs. TBD