A stipulation is set for Roman Reigns and "The Demon" Finn Balor's Universal Championship match at Extreme Rules.
On tonight's Raw, it was revealed that Reigns vs. Balor at Sunday's pay-per-view will be an extreme rules match. The PPV is taking place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
SmackDown's Reigns was in action twice on Raw tonight. Reigns & SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos defeated The New Day (WWE Champion Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) in the opening match of the show. Bobby Lashley's involvement in the six-man tag set up a triple threat match where Reigns defeated Lashley and Big E in the main event.
After Lashley attacked Big E with a steel chair during the triple threat match, Reigns hit a spear on Lashley and pinned him to get the win.
Reigns defeated Balor to retain the Universal Championship on SmackDown earlier this month. But a pre-match attack by The Usos, along with Reigns using a low blow to get the win, led to a rematch being announced for Extreme Rules. Balor's Demon character made its return as he confronted Reigns on SmackDown two weeks ago.
Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar will take place at WWE's Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia on Thursday, October 21. If Reigns is still champion, the Universal title will be on the line in that match.
Here's the updated card for Extreme Rules:
- Universal Champion Roman Reigns defends against "The Demon" Finn Balor in an extreme rules match
- SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defends against Bianca Belair
- United States Champion Damian Priest defends against Sheamus and Jeff Hardy in a triple threat match
- Raw Women's Champion Charlotte Flair defends against Alexa Bliss
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos defend against The Street Profits
- Liv Morgan vs. Carmella