WWE has confirmed two title matches for Sunday's Royal Rumble pre-show.
On SmackDown's go-home show for the PPV, it was announced that Rusev's United States Championship defense against Shinsuke Nakamura will be airing on the Royal Rumble pre-show. Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy will also defend his title against Kalisto, Akira Tozawa, and Hideo Itami in a fatal four-way match on the pre-show.
Both matches had already been announced for the Royal Rumble before being confirmed for the kickoff show.
The two-hour pre-show will begin at 5 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday. The panel for the first hour will be Jonathan Coachman, Beth Phoenix, Booker T, and Jerry Lawler, with Shawn Michaels and David Otunga replacing Booker T and Lawler in the second hour. There will also be another panel with JBL and Charly Caruso.
Sunday's PPV is taking place at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. Here's the updated card:
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Finn Balor
- WWE Champion Daniel Bryan defending against AJ Styles
- Men's Royal Rumble match
- Women's Royal Rumble match
- Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Sasha Banks
- SmackDown Women's Champion Asuka defending against Becky Lynch
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus defending against The Miz & Shane McMahon
- United States Champion Rusev defending against Shinsuke Nakamura (pre-show)
- Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy defending against Kalisto, Akira Tozawa, and Hideo Itami in a fatal four-way match (pre-show)