Image: Boston Globe
It's the final month of the year which, for me, means it's time to begin the look back at the year that was in MMA. This podcast kicks it all off as you and I review January-March with our good friend and website contributor Paul Fontaine, aka The King of Winnipeg.
The format is simple: I scour the Bloody Elbow archives for every story they posted during the month and pull out some of the most newsworthy headlines. I then take a few of the big headlines and that's where we begin, moving in chronological order.
Alright, if that description confused you, we talk about the big happenings in MMA month-by-month. Better?
On the docket:
- January's UFC 220 show that helped set up Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier for the summer
- Matt Hughes' emotional return in St. Louis
- The UFC 221 mess with Robert Whittaker, Yoel Romero, and Luke Rockhold
- The UFC 222 merry-go-round with finding a replacement for the main event
- Ongoing storylines with Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping, returns, and more.
Click below to listen now: