Even though 2020 is a year to forget, there was still plenty in MMA that is worth looking back on -- some good, some bad, and some that still leaves us scratching our heads.
In the first of a four part series, I am joined by Figure Four Online/Fight Game Media writer and podcaster Paul Fontaine to sift through the last 12 months, one quarter a time.
We kick off with January, February, and March -- the calm before the pandemic storm that was to come.
Here's some of the many headlines we talked about:
- The return of Conor McGregor
- The Joanna Jedrzejczyk-Weili Zheng strawweight title classic that left Joanna Champion looking like an alien
- The controversial Jon Jones light heavyweight title decision over Dominick Reyes and the scorn heaped on the Texas State Athletic Commission for a bad night at UFC 247
- The UFC stubbornly running an empty arena show in Brazil as the pandemic began its deadly rise in the Americas
- The 100% batshit crazy March when the UFC was insisting on running shows as the world shut down around them
Join Paul and I for the first of four by clicking below.