Image: Esther Lin/MMA Fighting
Between NXT TakeOver, the Royal Rumble and Bellator MMA, last weekend was another great one for combat sports couch potatoes.
I had a few things to get off my chest with all the happenings, so I brought in pro wrestling fan and MMA Fighting deputy managing editor Marc Raimondi back into our Punch-Out life to be my podcast sounding board.
Among the things we talked about:
- His feelings on last Sunday's Royal Rumble and what we liked and didn't like
- How he was able to catch some of TakeOver while on press row for Saturday's Bellator show
- Who is to blame for how Aaron Pico's promising career has stopped and started at this early stage
- The feel-good story that is new Bellator champ-champ Ryan Bader
- What our hopes and dreams are with the meat of the UFC-ESPN era kicking off this weekend
- The rise of the A Side podcast on MMA Fighting and what people have requested the most
As the kids say, it's a fun show as always so check it out.