The following is a free episode. Just click the giant red button below to listen.
December 2, 2020, kicked off the beginning of what would be a 10-month storyline between AEW and Impact Wrestling as following his title win over Jon Moxley, Kenny Omega and Don Callis said they would explain everything on Thursday's Impact.
With Christian Cage losing the Impact World title to Josh Alexander at October's Bound for Glory, the first chapter between the two companies ended, at least for now.
On this episode of Josh Nason's Punch-Out, Martin Dickinson of The Sportster joins me to discuss the last 10 months and ultimately, whether the partnership was worth it for both sides. Martin recently wrote about this very subject, so he was the perfect fit to break it down.
A few avenues we take:
- Whether fans' dreams of an invasion angle were valid from the start
- Did Kenny Omega need the Impact title after all?
- Why didn't AEW feature Rich Swann on Dynamite when he was facing Omega in a title vs. title match?
- The Sammy Guevara incident
- How the New Japan/Impact partnership has been better...and more.
Click below to listen: