With MMA's legalization in New York delayed a bit longer this past week and with UFC touching down in New Jersey, who better to talk to about the MMA scene in the Empire State than New York-based MMA journalist and author Jim Genia?
Jim dropped by the 31st edition of Josh Nason's Punch-Out with the following items on the menu:
- How Jim got into MMA writing
- His thoughts on Ronda Rousey's debut on Saturday Night Live and the subsequent vitriol that erupted online
- The mess that was the former UFC 196 and thoughts on the roles of both Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez
- Whether Jim thinks Velasquez is past his "expiration date" as a fighter
- A detailed look at what this past week meant for MMA being legalized in New York, and what he's learned in over 10 years of covering the case.
- His memories of seeing Frankie Edgar, Jon Jones, Chris Weidman and Aljamain Sterling on the regional scene and their current plight today
- Our thoughts on some of the action coming up on Fox in Newark, NJ....and more!