The second night of AEW's two-week New Year's Smash editions of Dynamite will feature the return of The Elite after a shocking end to Wednesday's show.
For the first time since July's Fight For The Fallen, AEW World Champion Kenny Omega and Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks will reunite for a six-man tag match against opponents to be named. Omega retained his title Wednesday against Rey Fenix and was joined by Impact Tag Team Champions The Good Brothers in an attack on Jon Moxley after Moxley came out to help Fenix.
After several AEW wrestlers unsuccessfully attempted to stop the attack, the Bucks came out and talked down the trio. Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr. grabbed Omega from behind, but Matt Jackson and Gallows laid into them, leading to the group throwing up the "Too Sweet" gestures in unity to close the show.
More was announced for next Wednesday's taped Smash finale:
- Serena Deeb will defend the NWA Women's title against Tay Conti who will be cornered by Anna Jay of the Dark Order.
- Dr. Britt Baker will bring her Waiting Room segment to Dynamite for the first time with Cody Rhodes as her guest.
- In a change made to a previously announced match, Chuck Taylor will face Miro but if Taylor loses, he has to be Miro's "young boy" until after Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford get married at February's Beach Break edition of Dynamite.
- In another change that occured in a backstage segment, Marko Stunt will replace Luchasaurus and will team with Jungle Boy against FTR next week.
- The Inner Circle will reveal their New Year's resolutions.
The matches and segments join the already announced TNT title match between Darby Allin and Brian Cage, and PAC vs. Eddie Kingston.