- WWE NXT ratings down for New Year's Evil fallout
- WWE's Corey Graves reportedly cleared to return to in-ring action
- 'Speedball' Mike Bailey to make Impact TV debut against Jake Something
- Mystery entrant Middleweight title match added to MLW Blood & Thunder
- John Cena feels mass WWE cuts were due to previous 'defensive hiring' strategy
- AEW picks up Tony Schiavone's two-year extension
- WWE NXT video highlights: AJ Styles defeats Grayson Waller
- Wrestling Observer Live: NXT 2.0, Dynamite, ratings, Corey Graves, MLW vs. WWE, tons more
- Speak Now: Denise returns to break down NXT 2.0!
- Bryan & Vinny Show: Granny, Lance Storm & a look back at the eighth WWF Raw
Job Listing: Wikipedia guru
Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at email@example.com for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns program, Wrestle Kingdom 16 review
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Carmella tweeted after it was reported that her fiance Corey Graves is cleared to return to in-ring action: “The ‘It’ and ‘Grit’ couples are shaking…”
- On the Pat McAfee Show, John Cena discussed what his reaction was when Vince McMahon considered turning him heel during his program against The Rock: “I remember Vince toyed with the idea of turning me heel versus The Rock in Miami. I said, 'No problem, I understand, I'll do it. Just remember that we are so deep in at this point that we can't do it and then jump back because we'll be sunk at both ends.' If we do it, I have to be the opposite of virtue, I have to be pure evil and we go all in.' From a believability standpoint, people always see me in uniform because I want people to know that what they see is someone they can relate to. He decided against it and at that point he said, 'I don't think we're ever going to do it.' I have the luxury of playing this character, but I always play this character, which is great because it got me to dive into nuances like the Firefly Fun House match where I was like, 'what if I have a meta experience through all of my flaws, all my timeline,' and do stuff like that.”
- AJ Styles tweeted after defeating Grayson Waller on last night’s NXT: “Enjoyed my time at #WWENXT 2.0 greatly. The environment, the talent, and the fans are something special. Looking forward to seeing some of these Superstars on #WWERaw and #Smackdown and who knows, maybe I’ll be in an @WWENXT ring again!”
- WWE uploaded a post-show promo where Styles praised LA Knight after last night’s NXT went off the air.
- Liv Morgan, Bobby Lashley, Adam Pearce, and Johnny Knoxville were guests on this morning’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- Morgan also made an appearance on Barstool Sports’ Rasslin’ podcast.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels from the January 26, 2009 episode of Raw, Becky Lynch vs The Kabuki Warriors from the December 9, 2019 episode of Raw, and a battle royal for a World title shot from the February 24, 2003 edition of Raw.
- A match between Matt Hardy and Penta El Zero Miedo has been added to tonight’s Dynamite: “With @ReyFenixMx injured, former World Tag Team Champion @PENTAELZEROM has challenged anyone in #AEW to battle him one-on-one tonight on #AEWDynamite with a big purse for the winner. @MATTHARDYBRAND has accepted this challenge: Hardy vs. Penta el 0 Miedo LIVE Tonight on Dynamite!”
- Tony Khan teased that there might be a surprise on tonight’s show: “It’s Wednesday, you know what that means: Wednesday Night #AEWDymamite TONIGHT on @TBSNetwork! You stepped up for us last week; thanks to your support we had a huge debut on TBS, & we’re back TONIGHT @ 8pm ET/7pm CT/8pm PT with big matches, big moments + maybe a surprise for you!”
- Wardlow spoke to Sports Illustrated ahead of his match against CM Punk tonight: “A match against Punk is surreal. The match against Cody was more realistic. With the way that built between him and Max, I knew we were eventually going to cross paths. A match against Jericho, I thought that might happen, too. But CM Punk? I never thought I’d get in the ring with him. Just to see the graphic, CM Punk vs. Wardlow, it’s a completely different feel. I can’t believe it’s happening. I usually get very intense leading up to my matches, but I’ve been very calm here. Maybe that’s a good thing. CM Punk is a living legend. I’m excited to show the world what I’m capable of.”
- Britt Baker told the In The Kliq Podcast about how WWE’s releases have made it so the “Forbidden Door” isn’t even needed: “Not to kind of turn the tides here, but unfortunately, WWE has been releasing so many talents that right now you don’t even have to cross forbidden doors. There’s just so many amazingly talented free agents right now, period. There’s just so many right now that I would love to wrestle that I’ve never wrestled before. Toni Storm, definitely. Toni Storm, when you talk about top female wrestlers if she doesn’t come to mind, then you’re not watching. Because she’s absolutely phenomenal, she’s wrestled all over the world and I have never wrestled her. I would love to somehow, someway, someplace, lock up with her.”
- Malakai Black vs. Jay Lethal is now set for Northeast Wrestling’s Wrestlefest 26 show in Poughkeepsie, New York on Saturday, January 22. Northeast Wrestling wrote: “Due to circumstances beyond our control we have a few changes 4 @newwrestling1 Sat., 1/22. We have an awesome card w/ great new matches including @malakaiblxck vs. @TheLethalJay. More to be announced. Thank you to @AEW & @TonyKhan for their talent & support.”
- CMLL announced that it’s continuing to suspend shows due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A return date has yet to be set.
- Kylie Rae celebrated reaching 90 days sober yesterday.
- Jonathan Gresham appeared on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.
- Denise Salcedo has interviews with Lio Rush and Deonna Purrazzo.