- WWE SmackDown live results: Usos vs. Brawling Brutes Tag Team title match
- Impact Victory Road live results: Barbed Wire Massacre
- Gunther vs. Sheamus rematch set for WWE SmackDown season premiere
- Bullet Club six-man tag set for Impact Countdown to Victory Road
- WWE releases White Rabbit T-shirts online
- Mat Men: AEW Grand Slam surprises, title changes
- Wrestling Observer Live: Bray Wyatt, Punk and Bucks and Omega, Dynamite ratings, Jericho weight loss, more
- Wrestling Weekly: What's next for AEW's Bryan Danielson and Saraya?
- Bryan & Vinny Show: AEW Dynamite GRAND SLAM 2022, plus NXT and more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
AEW Grand Slam report, the business, the future angles coming out of the show, ideas for the show for next year, angles, Saraya, Great Muta, business notes, highest TV gates in U.S history including inflation adjusted and warning signs.
Behind the Roman Reigns vs. Logan Paul idea and why it's reasons for happening are very different than a traditional PPV main event
CMLL's 89th anniversary show. A report on the major show this year with the hottest crowd and some of the best action and booking.
Updates on Extreme Rules
The U.S. team wins the men's world team championship and places second with women, how the team members did and an 18-year old capturing a world championship
Jose Aldo, the featherweight great, his career and how he helped get featherweights into the UFC
WWE & AEW business over the past two months. What categories are up and down and by how much. Also comparisons to May & June numbers and the most unique note about attendance increases and decrease
Complete coverage of last week's UFC show
Kento Miyahara, All Japan returns to Budokan Hall for its 50th anniversary, and first time since 2004
Dangerous Gate 2002 from Dragon Gate
TV ratings including how each segment on the major shows did
Former WWE wrestler talks about going to CMLL and wants to be in next year's Anniversary main event
Legend from TV boom returns to Arena Mexico
Notes on next week's CMLL Night of Champions fan voting show
Stardom Five Star Grand Prix update
Last match of the Great Muta
Fantastica Mania may be back
Former WWE announcers television show canceled
Former WCW announcer now a network radio news anchor
Former WWE star open movie company
Kurt Angle talks about a return after double knee replacement but notes it probably won't happen
MLW TV taping news
Things is another promotion affect world title
Next questions about WBD long-term
MJF talks his return and future AEW Revolution 2023
International TV ratings
The second biggest PPV match of all-time may be rematched in 2023
Hulu and WWE update
Young Rock update
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Friday News Update
Garrett Gonzales and I will be doing our weekend show tomorrow rather than today. Bryan and I will be doing a show Sunday night.
Smackdown tonight in Salt Lake City had just under 6,000 tickets sold as of today. The viral tease didn't sell any added tickets. There will be a television clue building to the return of whoever the White Rabbit is. Roman Reigns is on the show. Usos vs Butch & Ridge Holland for the tag titles and Braun Strowman vs. Otis.
There is a special two-hour Rampage from 10 p.m. to midnight tonight:
- Sting & Darby Allin vs. Buddy Matthews & Brody King in a no DQ match
- Action Bronson & Hook vs. Matt Menard & Angelo Parker
- Sammy Guevara vs. Eddie Kingston
- Jade Cargill vs. Diamante for the TBS title
- Wardlow & Samoa Joe vs. Tony Nese & Josh Woods
- Rey Fenix vs. Jungle Boy
- Battle Royal for a title shot on 10/18 against Jon Moxley
- Lights out match with Ricky Starks vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
We're looking for reports on these weekend shows:
- WWE in Salt Lake City tonight (dark matches only)
- NXT tonight in Fort Pierce, FL
- WWE tomorrow night in Vancouver, BC (Roman Reigns vs. A.J. Styles main vent)
- WWE tomorrow night in Stockton, CA
- NXT tomorrow night in Citrus Springs, FL
- WWE Sunday in Fresno, CA
- You can send the reports to email@example.com
The first dark match in Salt Lake City was Top Dolla over Ma.ce
Today was the first day of several AEW public ticket sales:
- Seattle passed 5,000 tickets out for 1/4 at the Climate Pledge Arena.
- Full Gear didn't sellout first day in Newark, NJ, but has more than 9,000 tickets out. There are seats available and also combo packs or both Rampage on 11/18 and Full Gear on 11/19.
Melvin Manhoef lost to Yoel Romero on today's Bellator show and then hung up his gloves and announced his retirement.
Our only weekend poll will be for the New Japan show in Kobe on Sunday so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Japan's Kobe World Memorial Hall show, its biggest event of the month, starts at 3 a.m. Eastern on Sunday morning with Will Ospreay vs. David Finlay for the U.S. title as the main event.
Impact Victory Road tonight on FITE from Nashville is headlined by Moose vs. Steve Maclin vs. Sami Callihan in a barbed wire massacre match. They added Juice Robinson & Ace Austin & Chris Bey vs. Jason Hotch & Shogun & Jack Price for 7:30 p.m. tonight.
Stardom, which just had a PPV show today, has another one Sunday, Stardom in Showcase Volume 2 which means all gimmick matches and types of things that would never be on a regular show. The PPV can be ordered here:
- The Grim Reeper Army vs. Syuri & Utami Hayashishita & Lacy C
- Cosmic rules three way : Tam Nakano & Natsupoi vs. Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka vs. Saki & Hikaru Shimizu
- Hardcore match: Giulia & Rina Yamashita vs Momo Watanabe & Ruaka
- Falls count anywhere four-way: AZM vs, Ram Kaichow vs. Mayu Iwatani vs Maika
- Suzu Suzuki vs. Starlight Kid in the Grand Prix tournament
- Saya Iida vs. Hanan in the Grand Prix tournament
A.J.Francis (Top Dolla) will be hosting his fifth annual canned food drive for Sarah's House children's homeless shelter in Fort Meade, MD from 11/19 to 11/21.
Regarding Gabe Sapolsky's hiring, it is believed to be for the main roster and not NXT, in the creative department.
Extreme Rules odds from BetOnline:
- Roman Reigns -5000
- Logan Paul +1000
- Reigns is a 50-to-1 favorite
- Bianca Belair -150
- Bayley +110
- Ronda Rousey -500
- Liv Morgan +300
- Matt Riddle -220
- Seth Rollins +150
Shun Skywalker of Dragon Gate has been added to the 10/30 MLW tapings in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena. Also on that show are Alex Hammerstone, Taya Valkyrie, Mance Warner, Jacob Fatu, Microman, Willie Mack and Cesar Duran.
Bill Behrens in booking Lince Dorado in tag team matches with Mascara Dorada (Gran Metalik) and with Samuray del Sol (Kalisto) at email@example.com. They are also available for trios matches and based in Orlando, FL. Among others you can book through him are EC 3, Flip Gordon, Chris Adonis, Ken Anderson, The Boys, Griff Garrison, Marcus Kross, Christopher Daniels, Delirious, Lance Archer, Slim J, Jay Lethal and Jim Mitchell.
Paradigm Pro Wrestling streams on IWTV on Sunday at 1 p.m. Eastern with Matthew Justice vs. Bobby Beverly. There will also be an eight person UWFi rules one-night tournament.
FMLL Lucha Libre on Sunday in Los Angeles drew a sellout of 400 fans with L.A. Park & El Hijo de L.A. Park & L.A. Park Jr. over Rush & Bestia del Ring & Acero Dorado.
The family of the late Kirk White have announced a 26th anniversary of his Big Time Wrestling promotion on 9/30 at the Newark Pavilion in Newark,CA. Penta, Chris Masters and Carlito are the headliners.
Levels Fight League has announced a broadcast deal with Viaplay, a streaming service in Europe to stream six events per year, starting with the 10/2 show in Amsterdam.
Lucha Va Voom will have its 20th anniversary with shows on 10/27 and 10/28 at Mayan Theater in Los Angeles. Lucha Va Voom is a combination of Lucha Libre and burlesque. It draws more than virtually any independent promotion in the U.S. Taya Valkyrie, Dulce Tormenta, Max the Impaler, Heidi Howitzer, Peter Avalon and Jack Cartwheel are all scheduled.
Invicta has reached a deal with Fox Sports Mexico for the Mexico market starting on 9/28 with its show from Hinton, OK's Sugar Creek Casino. The main event has atomweight champion Jessica Delboni defending against Jillian DeCopursey.
MCW on 10/8 in Hollywood,MD at the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department Appearing at a meet and greet are Tito Santana, Kaun, Mandy Leon and Ken Dixon.
Pro Wrestling Phoenix from Wednesday night in Omaha, NE:
- Willy Sweet b Purple
- Angus Keyser b Zac James
- Duke Cornell b Tank Bryson
- Moonshine Russell & Jack Darling b Paul Daniels & Joey Daniels
- Lars Metzger b Con Artiest-DQ
- Luke Luna b Ryan Romantick
- Vic Douglas b Xander McIntosh
- Pat Powers b Omar Pachecco
- Next show is 10/21 at the Waiting Room Lounge in Omaha