- WWE Raw ratings remain strong for John Cena's return
- Pat McAfee says The Rock gave permission to use catchphrase on WWE SmackDown
- WWE's Dana Brooke 'doing good' following 'bad car accident'
- ESPN reveals nominees for Best WWE Moment ESPY Award
- Jake Atlas domestic violence case gets dropped
- Wrestling Observer Live: RAW report, Money in the Bank, AEW and NXT previews, brand split, more!
- Figure Four Daily: Lance Storm reviews AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door!
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: The Yeti biography
- Wrestling Observer Radio: Rita Chatteron, Moxley, Forbidden Door, RAW, Stardom, more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Job Listing: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress a plus. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject PHP DEVELOPER with resume.
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- June 27, 2022 Observer Newsletter: Stephanie McMahon named interim CEO of WWE, Forbidden Door preview
- Among the highlights:
- Match and performer of the week
- How Stephanie McMahon went from leaving the company to CEO in a few weeks
- Who they say put her in charge
- Update on the Vince McMahon story
- The departure of John Laurinaitis
- Talent on Laurinaitis and Bruce Prichard
- Settling the Oliver Luck lawsuit
- Law firms looking into WWE and what to look for in that story
- Preview of Forbidden Door
- Forbidden Door ticket demand
- Comparisons with a WCW show and how that show did
- Upcoming WWE PPV and injury news
- A look back at the 20 year history of Impact Wrestling
- Business notes on Slammiversary
- The crossover among WWE and AEW fans to those who ordered Slammiversary
- Why this year's G1 tournament looks very different from the past
- Full coverage of Triplemania including business notes
- UFC coverage for this week's show
- A look at the late Tim White and his memories of his time with Andre the Giant
- A look at the career of the late Dave Hebner
- Ratings for all the shows as well as how the segments did
- Stardom PPV card this week
- Last week's major All Japan show
- The last matches of Keiji Muto
- Yet another thing negatively impacts New Japan financially
- This past week's NJPW shows and the next and return of Kushida
- Upcoming US dates and lineups
- AEW champion working on big New Japan show in July
- Update on the health of Jim Duggan
- More on Ric Flair retirement match
- Japanese star writes English language book
- Daughter of 90s star debuts
- A look at Will Ospreay vs. Nick Wayne
- Impact TV notes
- More on Blood & Guts
- Ticket sales for AEW & WWE shows coming up
- Story behind what was supposed to happen in the Hardy match
- More AEW injuries
- Streaming numbers
- Dana White talks about Nate Diaz
- Lots of new UFC fights
- John Cena's drawing power
- NXT UK taping note
- Weekend house show reports
- Streaming numbers
- International ratings notes
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Tuesday News Update
- John Cena posted a tweet this morning reflecting on returning to Raw for his 20th anniversary celebration: “Overwhelmed with ALL the messages thru this month. Being at #WWERaw last night gave me an opportunity to show you how much YOU mean to me. Thank you @WWE for every chance you’ve taken on me, so I will continue to always give my best for my home, for my family, for US.”
- Cena granted wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation before last night’s Raw.
- AEW commentator Taz congratulated Cena on the 20th anniversary of his debut: “Well deserved celebration for @JohnCena - I remember when he started in WWE, he worked very hard, was humble & very positive everytime I was around him for years. I’ve called many of his matches & saw his evolution rapidly rise. Just a really good dude…Congrats John!”
- After qualifying for the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match, Becky Lynch cut a promo after Raw went off the air last night. Lynch said she didn’t need a pep talk from Cena to know that she’s the living embodiment of “Never Give Up.”
- Mick Foley marked the 24th anniversary of his Hell in a Cell match against The Undertaker from King of the Ring 1998: “24 YEARS AGO TODAY. What were you doing on June 28, 1998? I was taking flight lessons, courtesy of @undertaker. Thanks to all of you who have shared this magic moment of time, and made it an iconic part of wrestling history.”
- Mustafa Ali vs. T-Bar and Akira Tozawa vs. Ciampa will be the matches on WWE Main Event this week.
- Shayna Baszler was the guest on this week’s episode of Out of Character with Ryan Satin.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded John Cena vs. The Undertaker from the August 7, 2003 episode of SmackDown, Bobby Lashley vs. Kofi Kingston for the WWE Championship from Money in the Bank 2021, and Asuka vs. Nikki Cross for the NXT Women’s Championship from the June 28, 2017 edition of NXT.
- On Twitter, Tony Khan noted that AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door made more than $5 million in pay-per-view revenue: “Thank you to everyone, especially wrestling fans around the world, who made last Sunday’s #ForbiddenDoor event a hit, with >$1 million in ticket sales + >$5 million on ppv! We’re back for Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite on @TBSNetwork @ 8pm ET/7pm CT/8pm PT #BloodAndGuts TOMORROW!”
- AEW and the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation have been announced as the title sponsors for KultureBall 2022, which is “the premier sensory inclusion and invisible disability acceptance fundraising event in the country.”
- Eddie Kingston spoke to MLive ahead of Blood & Guts: “You’re not gonna see me come off the top of the cage. I’m gonna use the cage as a weapon. I’m going to kick, I’m going to punch, I’m going to bite. I’m going to try and make you quit. It’s called ‘Blood & Guts’ for a reason. Is there gonna be blood? Most likely. Is there going to be guts? You know, we’re going to spill our guts out there in front of all y’all. It’s just a violent place (the cage) and Detroit is a violent city, so it’s just perfect.”
- Kingston also commented on Claudio Castagnoli being added to his team for the Blood & Guts match: “Of course I didn’t like it. I don’t trust the guy. And people who say whatever they want to say about me, that I’m a hothead and I don’t let things go. I just know when I see bad people, I like to call him out on it.”
- AEW’s Road to Blood & Guts preview is now available.
- The trailer for the movie “Marcus,” which stars Paul Wight, was released today.
- Sammy Guevara documented Forbidden Door week on his vlog.
- The Good Brothers vs. PCO & Vincent has been added to this Thursday’s Impact episode.
- MLW shared a trailer hyping their upcoming action figure line with Boss Fight Studio.