The Latest News
- WWE Raw ratings down for Crown Jewel go-home show
- Mysterio & Hardy vs. Orton & Miz announced for WWE SmackDown
- Report: Daniel Bryan not traveling to Saudi Arabia for Crown Jewel
- NJPW reveals cards for Lion's Break Project 1
- NXT's Marcel Barthel set for wXw 18th Anniversary
- WWE Raw video highlights: HHH-HBK and Undertaker-Kane appear
- Lucha House Party make WWE Raw debut
- Two matches, Styles-Bryan segment set for WWE SmackDown
- WWE reveals bracket for Crown Jewel World Cup tournament
- John Cena off WWE Crown Jewel, replaced by Lashley
The Latest Audio
- WOL: Crown Jewel, RAW, Daniel Bryan, tons more! 10/30
- JNPO: UFC 230 preview, trade talk, and MonctonMania 10/30
- WOR: RAW, Cena off Crown Jewel, WWE stock, tons more! 10/30
Smackdown, Mixed match Challenge and 205 Live are in Atlanta. Announced so far is Tony Nese vs. Mustafa Ali with the winner getting a cruiserweight title shot, Brian Kendrick vs. Jack Gallagher, Braun Strowman & Ember Moon vs. Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox and Rusev & Lana vs. Charlotte Flair & A.J. Styles.
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Roman Reigns reveals leukemia diagnosis
Roman Reigns opened the October 22, 2018 episode of Raw by revealing that he's battling leukemia. After missing the weekend house show events, Reigns came out wearing street clothes and addressed the audience while using his real name. He announced that he's been living with leukemia for the past 11 years, and unfortunately it's back. Reigns then relinquished the Universal Championship.
The most in-depth look at the Roman Reigns battle with leukemia is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Look at what is known about his first bout with leukemia, walk through the weekend, the turns done this past week, what happened throughout the day on Monday, who knew what and what kind of word was going around, a look at his interview, and candidates for the company's top spot position.
Also look at Crown Jewel and Evolution, including business notes on the Evolution show, Hulk Hogan and Crown Jewel.
Find out what is being talked about for the future of the WWE Network, including ideas for new content, new promotions, and a second tier
Also look at Daniel Cormier and WWE and what it's all about, Cena book, more WWE injuries, next MSG show and why it's so important, shows this week, and the Tegan Knox injury.
Examine the next month of NXT television, as well as a look at every house show from WWE and NXT from the past week with results, highlights and business info.
Read about the proposed Ben Askren vs. Demetrious Johnson trade, the valuation of ONE, and why UFC would do this regarding an existing lawsuit.
Look at the state of the NWA with its 70th anniversary show, including the Nick Aldis vs. Cody match, the aftermath, the rest of the show, the business notes and the NWA going forward.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE will debut two new digital series tomorrow. The first will be a cooking show with Cathy Kelly called Talking Snack where she talks (and cooks) with WWE talent, the first being The Boogeyman. The other is called Baron Corbin’s Haunted World, where Corbin will investigate locations said to be haunted. The episode that premieres tomorrow will take a look at the St. Augustine Lighthouse in Florida, where ghosts of three little girls have been said to haunt the grounds.
- Following Evolution, WWE uploaded Ronda Rousey and Nikki Bella’s Raw Women’s Championship match to their YouTube channel on Monday.
- Mark Henry spoke to TMZ Sports about WWE going ahead with their plans to run Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia. When asked about Cena and reportedly Daniel Bryan pulling out of the show, he responded by saying "I wouldn't never say that person is making the wrong decision. I would say that's not the decision I would make. I would stand by my guns and do what's best for business. I'm a firm believer in not leaving people out to dry, and I've done a lot of things in my career and in my life, my personal life, where I could say I'm not doing that. But there were people hanging in the balance and I didn't want to screw those people over. So that's the situation that this is in, our fans, they want to see you. You know, give our fans what they want."
- TMZ Sports also talked to Linda McMahon about wrestlers pulling out of Saudi Arabia. She denied knowing anything about the situation, saying “If you wanna talk WWE, you’re talking to the wrong McMahon.”
- Vince McMahon was listed in Variety’s annual 500 most powerful people working in the entertainment industry.
- Triple H congratulated the Boston Red Sox for winning the World Series with a replica title.
- Edge celebrates his 45th birthday today. Vince McMahon wished him a happy birthday on Twitter.
- WWE uploaded a horror movie spoof on their YouTube page featuring Braun Strowman.
- Buddy Murphy did end up getting his picture with Triple H after winning the Cruiserweight title.
- Jay Lethal reached a new record today with his ROH title run. He is now in second place for having the most combined days as Ring of Honor champion at 546 days. The only person in front of him is Samoa Joe, who held the title for 645 days.
- EVIL had some words about facing Chris Jericho ahead of Power Struggle.
- MJF vs. Puma King in a flag match has been signed for next week’s MLW show in Chicago.
- DDT announced that Masahiro Takanashi, Akito, Maki Ito, HARASHIMA, Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Danshoku Dieno will be coming to New York for their WrestleMania weekend show.
- Jimmy Havoc vs. Angel Cruz in a deathmatch has been made for OTT Redemption on November 10.
- When asked by TMZ Sports who Ben Askren would face first in the UFC, Dana White didn’t get into specifics but said it would be someone in the top 5, citing his run as ONE’s welterweight champion. He also put over Demetrious Johnson, saying that he hopes he will be happier in ONE.
- Meanwhile, Ben Askren is asking on Twitter why UFC hasn’t made an official announcement yet regarding the trade.
- Lightweight Paul Felder will make his broadcasting debut at UFC 230.
- Here is the poster for UFC 232 on December 29.
- UFC 233 has been announced for January 26 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.
- The first and second episodes of UFC Embedded 230 is now up.
- Combate Americas announced that an one night eight man tournament called the Copa Combate will take place on December 7 in Fresno, California. The winner will win $100,000.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Vader wins AJPW Triple Crown from Misawa
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!