- WWE SmackDown live results: Ricochet vs. Gunther IC title match
- Paige leaving WWE, will 'most certainly' be in the ring again
- Mickie James to be special guest enforcer at Impact Slammiversary
- Sami Zayn on WWE's 'chaotic' environment: 'This shouldn’t work, but it does'
- MLW announces seven new participants for Battle Riot IV match
- Wrestling Weekly: Cody, Cody & more Cody
- Wrestling Observer Live: Kerry Morton talks NWA, plus news on Cody, Smackdown, Vince McMahon book, more!
- Fight Game: The bumpy road to AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door
- Bryan & Vinny Show: AEW Dynamite road to Forbidden Door, NXT 2.0 and more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: June 13, 2022 Observer Newsletter: CM Punk & Cody Rhodes injured, WWE Hell in a Cell review
- Performer and match of the week
- Updates on C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, the injuries, how WWE and AEW are booking around the injuries, details of the injuries, surgeries, AEW interim title and medical protocol questions
- Hell in a Cell coverage, the matches, the ticket demand, PPV numbers, interest level and WWE & AEW crossover fan base
- Hiromu Takahashi sets Best of the super Juniors records, business of the finals, angles for Dominion and more
- AEW Double or Nothing PPV number update
- Saturday's UFC coverage and what comes next for the fighters on the show
- NXT In Your House coverage
- Television ratings for every national show, ups, down and competition
- Expected CMLL anniversary show main event
- AAA and running in the US
- Stardom & New Japan joint show
- Movie being made about the life of an active women's wrestling star and details
- Notes about young retirements in Dragon Gate an the booking
- CyberFight show at Saitama Super Arena
- Kota Ibushi and New Japan update
- Benefit event for Shinjiro Otani
- More on Ric Flair's return
- Johnny Rodz and the infamous Roddy Piper story
- Olympic wrestler talks about better conditions for pro wrestlers
- Notes on PBS documentary on St. Louis wrestling
- MJF update
- All-Atlantic title and thoughts
- Forbidden Door notes
- International TV ratings
- Ticket sales for upcoming U.S. events
- Streaming numbers for AEW & WWE
- UFC revenue and profits update
- This week's UFC show
- Major fight Dana White is looking at for the interim heavyweight title
- ONE debuts on Amazon Prime
- Bellator allows one of its top stars to do Bare Knuckle Fighting
- Update on Stephanie McMahon
- More on Vince McMahon autobiography
- Hilarious Vince McMahon deposition in the liver Luck case
- Why Edge was kicked out of Judgment Day
- Reports from all the WWE events this week with business notes
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter: May 2, 2005 Observer Newsletter: UFC 52 review, Matt Hardy release fallout
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Friday News Update
- Garrett and I will be doing a show today covering the news of the week and I will do a show tomorrow night covering UFC 275 and Dominion.
- Saraya Jade-Bevis (Paige) noted today that when her current WWE contract expires on 7/7 that she will no longer be with the company. She had been medically disqualified from performing years ago due to neck issues. Even though the movie has a lot of fiction elements, her life was made into a movie by Dwayne Johnson and she was one of the key people in the changes of the presentation of women wrestling in WWE. She noted that she would have to give up the Paige name but strongly suggested that she would wrestle again.
- Cain Velasquez was in court earlier today for a plea hearing that was continued through 6/30. Velasquez's attorney, Mark Geragos said that they were working through discovery issues and asked for a delay until 6/30
- For the weekend, we're looking for reports on these shows
- Smackdown in Baton Rouge tonight (dark matches only)
- NXT tonight in Tampa
- WWE Saturday night in Las Cruces, NM
- WWE Saturday night in Cape Girardeau, MO
- NXT Saturday night in Largo, FL
- WWE Sunday night in Springfield, MO
- WWE Sunday night in Albuquerque, NM\
- You can send reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also doing polls on these weekend shows, so you can vote thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to email@example.com
- UFC 275 tomorrow from Singapore
- New Japan Dominion from Osaka on Sunday (late Saturday U.S.)
- CyberAgent super show on Sunday at the Saitama Super Arena (late Saturday U.S.)
- Smackdown tonight from Baton Rouge, LA has Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus and Xia Li vs. Lacey Evans in Money in the Bank qualifiers, plus Ricochet vs. Gunther for the IC title. Max Dupri will introduce his first protege. There were just under 5,000 tickets out for tonight's show.
- Rampage tonight at 10 p.m. on TNT
- Eddie Kingston vs. Jake Hager
- Jay Lethal & Sutnam Singh (debut) vs. Mat Fitchett & Davey Vega
- Red Velvet vs. Kris Statlander
- FTR & Trent Baretta vs. Will Ospreay & Aussie Open (AEW debuts)
- UFC 275 from Singapore Indoor Stadium
- ESPN+ at 6:30 p.m. Eastern
- Ramona Pascual (145) vs. Joselyne Edwards (145)
- Liang Na (116) vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez (116)
- Kyung Ho Kang (136) vs. Batgerel Danaa (136)
- ESPN 2 and ESPN+ at 8 p.m.
- Brenda Allen (186) vs. Jacob Malkoun (186)
- Maheshate (155.5) vs. Steve Garcia (155.5)
- Joshua Cuiliabao (146) vs. Seung Woo Choi (146)
- PPV at 10 p.m.
- Jack Dela Maddalena (170.5) vs; Ramazen Emeev (171)
- Andre Fialho (170.5) vs. Jake Matthews (170.5)
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (116) vs. Zhang Weili (116)
- Valentina Shevchenko (124.5) vs. Taila Santos (125) for the women's flyweight title
- Glover Teixeira (205) vs. Jiri Prochazka (205) for the light heavyweight title
- The fight scheduled with Manel Kape vs. Rogerio Bontorin, a major flyweight bout, was pulled because Bontorin had kidney issue from cutting weight and is currently hospitalized according to Guilherme Cruz of MMA Fighting. He was 4.5 pounds from weight when he started having intense kidney pain and needed an ambulance to get to the hospital.
- Dana White, who is not in Singapore for the show because he's celebrating his son's 21st birthday, said that he likes the idea of Michael Chandler as Conor McGregor's next opponent when McGregor comes back.
- Wednesday's annual Beat the Street wrestling show at the Hulu Theater in New York raised more than $950,000 to support local youth wrestling in the New York area. The event included matches to determine who will represent the U.S. at the world championships from 9/10 to 9/18 in Belgrade, Serbia. Among the biggest names winning their spots were Jordan Burroughs , Helen Maroulis, David Taylor, Sarah Hildebrandt, Kyle Dake and G'Angelo Hancock.
- The WWE had a lot of success for tomorrow night's show in Las Cruces, NM by adding a $15 low ticket price. It's one of their better selling arena events of late.
- The Birmingham Stallions vs. Houston Gamblers USFL game tomorrow in Birmingham is WWE night with Happy Corbin and Carmella appearing. The game airs live on the USA Network.
- AAW tomorrow night at the Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago with limited tickets left. Matches are Mat Fitchett defending the AAW title in a no holds barred match wit Ace Steel, plus Mike Bennett vs. Gnaris Garvin, Josh Alexander vs. ACH, Silas Young vs. Brayden Lee, Schaff vs. Russ Jones, Ace Perry & Hammerstone vs. Dante Leon & Shane Hollister for the tag titles and Sierra vs. Heather Reckless.
- Combate Global tonight on Paramount+ at 11 p.m. Eastern has Leo Rodriguez (13-2) vs. Marcus Edwards (13-6), Alfredo Lopez (5-2) vs. Martin Justiz (1-1), Gillian Noll (1-2 ) vs. Jennifer Trioreau (0-3) Fernando Calvo (5-1) vs. Victor Valenzuela (6-3) and Alex Gonzalez (4-3) vs. Fabia Sintes (2-2).
- 559 Fights takes place tomorrow in Visalia, CA at Rawhide Stadium.
- Masters of Ring Entertainment on 6/11 at Truist Point in High Point, NC has a show that will include Ricky Steamboat, Penta El Zero Miedo, Rick & Scott Steiner, Teddy Long, Gunner, Terri Runnels, Killer Kross, Scarlett Bordeaux and Ken Anderson. Gunner faces Hangtyme in a boot camp match, Scarlett faces Rachael Ellering, Penta vs. Matt Taven and Fred Rosser vs. Killer Kross vs. Scott Steiner in a three-way.
- Invicta announces an all women-s MMA show on 7/20 at Reelworks in Denver. Taniesha Tennant (4-1) defends her bantamweight title against Olga Rubin (7-2) and Katharina Lehner (7-3 vs. Talita Bernardo (7-4).
- LFA tonight from Temple, TX on USA Fight Pass at 9 p.m. Eastern:
- Joel Guzman (200.6) vs. Tanner Mrlow (205.6)
- Jakori Savage (266) vs. Taylor Escarnilla (235.6)
- Kevin Fernandez (125.4) vs. Joda Harris (125.4)
- Shane Sobnosky (185.6) vs. Jared McLoughlin (185)
- Aiden Coria (124.8) vs. Joseph Camacho (124.2)
- Milko Tucto (146.4) vs. Oliver Murad (145) - Tucto missed weight by 0.4 pounds and has to pay a fine to Murad
- Muin Gafuov (136.2) vs. Herbert Sousa (134.4) - Gafurov missed weight by 0.2 pounds and has to pay a fine to Sousa
- Ace Romero has been added to the MLW Battle Riot match on 623 in New York at the Melrose Ballroom.