- WWE SmackDown live results: Crown Jewel fallout
- Women's title exchange 'appears' to be set for WWE SmackDown
- Change to Digital Media title match at Impact Bound for Glory
- Report: Braun Strowman expected to make Impact Wrestling debut
- TBS title tournament kicking off on AEW Dynamite
- Yulisa Leon to make WWE in-ring debut on 205 Live
- Ruby Soho returning to indies for December Beyond Wrestling show
- Ladder match to determine new MLW National Openweight Champion
- NJPW confirms Kota Ibushi suffered dislocated shoulder in G1 finals
- F4D: Lance Storm talks WWE Crown Jewel, Bound for Glory, tons more! 10/22
- WOL: Crown Jewel review, Smackdown, Rampage, Rhett Titus interview and more! 10/22
- Wrestling Weekly: WWE vs. AEW 10/22
- Big Audio Nightmare: G1 finals, Shibata returns, more 10/22
- B&V: NXT 2.0, Halloween Havoc preview and ROH TV! 10/21
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- What Friday's WWE vs. AEW head-to-head showed about pro wrestling with literally every detail covered
- Head to head numbers including WWE on broadcast, with and without commercials, what YouTube numbers mean compared to TV, how every segment did
- How WWE reacted and what they should have learned, a number of moves WWE should make next, and one idea that is clearly not a good one to make
- Where WWE beats AEW on an even field, where AEW beats WWE on an even field
- Markets where WWE & AEW have upcoming shows and comparing numbers
- Most popular streaming numbers for AEW & WWE
- Match of the week and performer of the week
- Update on ticket sales to all the key U.S. shows
- Full rundown of WWE Crown Jewel, story of show, business interest, match-by-match
- The cursed G1, what happens next for New Japan, how Ibushi's injury both did and didn't change things
- Changes likely coming to New Japan
- How Dynamite's new time slot on cable in Pacific and Mountain time zones will affect total numbers and by approximately what percentage
- Why NHL gets preference by TNT over AEW while delivering less than half the audience
- Ratings and what live sports takes from wrestling numbers
- International TV ratings for the week
- Bad Boy Hido passes away
- Story behind Omega match in Mexico
- This past week's UFC show coverage
- Ngannou talking contract
- Legal updates on star fighters
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
We won't be doing a show tonight but we'll have a big show tomorrow morning with Garrett on all the week's news as well as Crown Jewel, G-1 and whatever happens tonight. Bryan and I will be back Saturday talking about Dynamite and the week's news.
Thanks to those who wrote in about this week's lead story. The numbers are there but the important thing is not the numbers but what the numbers show, which is all talked about. We also have a lot on how Kota Ibushi's injury changes plans and how Tetsuya Naito's injury changed G-1.
Smackdown tonight at 8 p.m.. back on FOX is teasing a belt switch with Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch. Hopefully that's a tease and they have a better idea instead.
Rampage at 10 p.m. tonight has Andrade vs. Pac, Britt Baker vs. Anna Jay and Orange Cassidy vs. Powerhouse Hobbs in the first round of the tournament for an AEW title shot. They will also announce the brackets for the TBS tournament. As noted all week, people who were there live, both fans and those in the company, were raving about Andrade vs Pac as one of the best matches in company history and the best match in Rampage history.
We have a number of polls for this weekend. We are looking for your thoughts on Crown Jewel, and both New Japan shows at Budokan Hall, as well as the Impact PPV tomorrow night. You can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match for each individual show to email@example.com. We also have a poll for the G-1 tournament for G-1 MVP and best match of the tournament.
We are also looking for live reports from Smackdown in Wichita, KS with any dark match notes or other news, and from tonight's Bloodsport show from Los Angeles.
UFC runs 1-7 p.m. Eastern tomorrow on ESPN+:
- Jonathan Martinez (135) vs. Zviad Lazishvili (135)
- Livinha Souza (115) vs. Randa Markos (115)
- Jeffrey Molina (125) vs. Daniel Lacerda (125)
- Khama Worthy (155) vs. Jai Herbert (155)
- Jamie Pickett (184.5) vs. Laureano Staropoli (185.5)
- Tabatha Ricci (115) vs. Maria Oliveira (115)
- Mason Jones (156) vs. David Onama (153.5)
- Jun Yong Park (185.5) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (185.5)
- Nicolae Negumereanu (204.5) vs. Ike Villanueva (205)
- Francisco Trinaldo (169.5) vs. Dwight Grant (170)
- Alex Caceres (146) vs. Seung Woo Choi (145.5)
- Jessica-Rose Clark (135.5) vs. Joselyn Edwards (134.5)
- Grant Dawson (156) vs. Ricky Glenn (155.5)
- Paulo Costa (204.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (204)
Costa forfeited 20 percent of his purse. Originally they were to fight at 185, but Costa said he was 211 on Wednesday and couldn't make it. Last night they agreed to fight at 195, but Costa's side told Vettori to make it 205 and Vettori agreed.
The Chris Jericho cruise took off yesterday. Marko Stunt did a concert already. Hopefully they taped it. Wish they could have done TV from the cruise but it didn't work out.
Former Scotland lightweight champion Jim McKenzie was inducted today into the Scottish Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame at a civic reception at the City Chambers in Glasgow. After starting amateur wrestling in 1952, McKenzie turned pro in 1961. He won the Scottish lightweight title in 1964. He was a regular in that era on ITV Wrestling in the U.K.
The trial of Alberto Rodriguez (Alberto El Patron) for sexual assault and aggravated kidnapping in San Antonio is scheduled to begin on Monday. The trial has been delayed multiple times.
Bloodsport takes place tonight from Los Angeles at 11 p.m. Eastern from the Ukranian Cultural Center. It airs live on FITE on iPPV:
- Royce Isaacs vs. Clark Connors
- Starboy Charlie vs. Yoya
- Zeda Zhang vs. KZT
- Minoru Suzuki vs. Chris Dickinson
- Erik Hammer vs. Bad Dude Tito
- Tom Lawlor vs. Alex Coughlin
- JR Kratos vs. Calvin Tankman
- Yuya Uemura vs. Davey Richards
- Marina Shafir vs. Masha Slamovich
- Josh Barnett vs. Tiger Ruas
- John Cena is in talks to star in the movie "Freelance," according to a story in Deadline.com. Cena would play a special forces operative who retires from the Army and starts a life with a family. After a mundane life, he makes a comeback to provide security to a woman reporter who interviews a despotic dictator and a military coup breaks out in the middle of the interview and the three have to survive together.
- There is another somewhat head-to-head live show war in Norfolk. Smackdown runs 11/12 with a TV taping and has 3,887 fans out at the Scope Arena, the main arena. AEW is running Dynamite five days later at the Chartway Arena, which is the city's B arena, and has 4,193 tickets out.
- Raw on Monday at the Toyota Center in Houston has nearly 9,000 tickets out. It's the second time in the building since WWE started touring after a sellout of 13,000 paid the first time out. (thanks to William Zdon and WrestleTix)
- John Cena was on The Tonight Show Wednesday night plugging his new movie "Vacation Friends." They also talked about SummerSlam,Tom Brady and played Cena doing an interview as The Prototype, his name on indies and in OVW. (thanks to Grant Zwarych)
- BetOnline.ag has put up odds for Saturday's Dynamite show Dustin Rhodes +500 vs. Bryan Danielson -950 Lance Archer -550 vs. Eddie Kingston +325 Malakai Black -140 vs. Cody Rhodes +100
- Tickets for UFC 269 at the T-Mobile Arena on 12/11, the last major PPV of the year, with Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier for the lightweight title, Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena for the women's bantamweight title and Jorge Masvidal vs. Leon Edwards are now on sale to the public.
- Dan Ige vs. Josh Emmett is earmarked for the 12/11 PPV show.
- Clay Guida vs. Leonardo Santos has been added to the 12/4 show.
- Cynthia Calvillo will replace Jessica Eye on the 11/12 show and face Andrea Lee. Eye pulled out with an illness that required hospitalization.
- Just wanted to update that the Go Fund Me for Impact's Gia Miller and Ace Austin, whose apartment burned down, has hit $31,000 of a $5,000 goal. The list of top donors includes Scott D'Amore, Ryan Barkan (Pro Wrestling Tees), Chris Jericho, Eric Poon, Tommy Dreamer, John Morrison, Daivari, Shane Helms, Dallas Page, Cody Rhodes, Nick Jackson, Mark Madden, Norm Connors, Matt Cardona, Steve Tortorello (Warrior Wrestling), D-lo Brown, Moose, Mary Scurll, Max Caster, Christopher Daniels, Bryan Alvarez, Eric Young, Raj Giri, Deonna Purrazzo, Franky Monet and Phil Stamper.
- KSW has a big show tomorrow at Atlas Arena in Lodz, Poland. Weigh-in for the top bouts Sebastian Przybysz (135) vs. Bruno Santos (135) for bantamweight title Mariusz Pudzianosski (260) vs. Bombardier (327) Filip Pejic (146) vs. Daniel Rutkowski (146) Robert Ruchala (146) vs. Patryk Kaczmarczyk (146) Michal Pietrzak (169) vs. Shamil Musaev (171) Karolina Owczarz (123) vs. Sylvia Juskiewecz (121)
- The documentary on the Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles and its history covering boxing, wrestling and Roller Games is available this weekend.
- Kevin Eck's weekly look at ROH.
- Criss Fresh and Mikey Jay announced the formation of a new group, Renegades of Wrestling in Australia. The planned start date is early 2022. They are working with Destroy All Lines who helped promote the 2018 New Japan tour of Australia.
- Kit Parker, who produced the videos that myself and Jim Cornette did commentary on, is releasing the 1953 movie Crazylegs about Crazylegs Hirsch, an NFL legend. They are looking for a football historian to be part of the project, which has a lot of authentic footage of Hirsch in games. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LFA on 11/12 in Burbank, CA at the Burbank Marriott Convention Center is on Fight Pass. The main event has not been announced yet.
- Jeff Cobb vs. Jacob Fatu has been announced for the 10/29 Defy show at Washington Hall in Seattle.
- TJP is working at Arena Mexico tonight. The main event is Atlantis Jr. & Fugaz vs. TJP & Cavernario.
- Averno returns to CMLL on Tuesday in Guadalajara in the main event teaming with 72-year-old Hall of Famer El Satanico against Atlantis & Mistico.
- Combate Global tonight on Paramount + at 11 p.m. Eastern has Zedekiah Montanez (4-0) vs. Roberto Romero Hernandez (4-2) in a featherweight main event.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Kurt Angle wins his first WWF World title
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today