- July 4 weekend WWE SmackDown draws series low ratings on Fox
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: AJ Styles vs. Drew Gulak
- Positive COVID-19 test knocks out UFC 251 main event
- NJPW's YOSHI-HASHI and YOH out of action due to knee injuries
- NJPW reveals full card for New Japan Cup finals
- Two title matches added to NJPW Dominion
- Two matches set for SmackDown, WWE to re-air Strowman-Wyatt
- WWE 205 Live results: Legado del Fantasma debut
- Asuka vs. Bayley announced for WWE Raw
- NJPW Lion's Break Collision results: Fredericks-TJP vs. Cobb-Romero
- WWE SmackDown live results: Styles vs. Gulak IC title match
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp(Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS(s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
A wide variety of stories are featured in this week's double sized issue of the Observer.
Our lead story looks at how WWE and AEW have handled COVID-19, including notes on the WWE outbreak, how its TV shows changed, Jon Moxley & Renee Young, handling of masks by both companies, how WWE's policy changed, what AEW did this past week, who missed this week's WWE television and reasons why in many cases, WWE responds to questions about how they've handled things and more.
The new issue also covers:
WWE firings and suspensions based on Speaking Out, Sammy Guevara, responses by a number of people who claims against them and how different companies have reacted.
More on the suicide death of Hana Kimura, her mother speaks, what she said to a friend and what was and wasn't staged about her role on Terrace House which led to her depression.
Motions filed by Jerry McDevitt on the Saudi Arabia situation, as well as a response by Hugo Savinovich, and what is and isn't relevant to the lawsuit itself.
Wednesday night competition, with the ratings in all the key demos for both shows, the ratings pattern, how every quarter and match did, what lessons are learned, what's up for next week, as well as match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
New Japan Cup with notes on local television, the storylines leading to the final four, plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings of the last four shows.
The television industry and sports and how this affects WWE and AEW. We look at WWE buying Evolve, Kane's political stance on masks,.Roman Reigns talks why he's not appearing for WWE right now, Update on the Oliver Luck lawsuit against Vince McMahon, Extreme Rules update, Kairi Sane's future, Edge talks injury, Canadian and U.K. TV ratings, how wrestling stands in sports ratings, Becky Lynch's push for her booking that WWE didn't do as far as losing the title, WWE star fears another surgery, Gail Kim talks traumatic WWE matches, Mike Chiods talks his departure, The Nexxus return, WWE stock value and the most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
A major piece on the life and career of Killer Tim Brooks. We go from the start of his career, how he got into wrestling through his family, his first match, how he got his first break and became a main eventer, his biggest runs, his early successes in Japan, the forerunner of one of WWE's most famous angles, his career title history, his friendship with Bruiser Brody, and his running a promotion himself.
This past weekend's UFC show with the Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker fight of the year candidate, match-by-match coverage, plus business notes.
A feature on an all-time great pro wrestler who had a recent murder charge dropped due to dementia.
Titus O'Neil up for nomination this past year for the Muhammad Ali award.
Ratings of all the major shows, the key demos and quarters for AEW and WWE, what happened head-to-head and what can be learned from them.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE Network News reported that a new episode of WWE Chronicle is set to premiere next weekend. Jeff Hardy will be featured on the episode and it will arrive on the WWE Network on Sunday, July 12.
- A new episode of WWE Break it Down featuring Sheamus will premiere on the WWE Network on Friday, July 10.
- Drew Gulak paid tribute to his late friend and CZW/GCW wrestler Danny Havoc by writing “Havoc” on his wrist tape for last night’s SmackDown. Gulak discussed his tribute to Havoc in a post-show interview.
- After originally appearing on the match graphic for Asuka and Bayley’s non-title champion vs. champion match for Monday’s Raw, Kairi Sane is no longer included. The current graphic only indicates that Sasha Banks will be in Bayley’s corner for the match.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor for the NXT Championship from Beast in the East and Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston in a tables match for the United States Championship from Extreme Rules 2011.
- YOH wrote that the knee injury he suffered is a torn ACL. SHO & YOH are the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, and NJPW hasn’t announced how the titles will be handled going forward.
- In an interview with Sports Illustrated, NJPW president Harold Meij spoke about this year’s G1 Climax still being scheduled to take place: “As a result of the now-postponed Tokyo Olympics, we had already decided to move our annual G1 Climax tournament, which traditionally takes place during the summer months, to the autumn. It is still on the calendar, although again, venues and crowd capacity will be dependent on both our own and the local governments’ guidelines. As for our previously scheduled tours like Best of the Super Juniors, both fans and wrestlers alike were disappointed at their cancellation. All of those voices will be taken into account in the second half of the year as we look to present something to fans that matches, or even surpasses, our initial plans.”
- Cody posted a tweet responding to someone about WWE filing a renewal for their “Cody Rhodes” trademark: “It’s not as sultry/scandalous as reported. It’s just business. They’ve seen the same data we have, and they know they can make big money off the brand(even though it’s not in their house). Trying to license me is flattering, but it doesn’t stop this train from moving. No grudge.”
- Post Wrestling’s Andrew Thompson reported on Saieve Al Sabah being granted his release from MLW.
- JD Drake tweeted that he’s a free agent following EVOLVE’s sale to WWE.
- Gilbert Burns tweeted about his positive COVID-19 test that has forced him out of the UFC 251 main event against Kamaru Usman next Saturday: “devastating news, not feeling well but I’m going to win this battle! Stay safe out there! Much love” Burns also wrote on Instagram: “Thankful and grateful for everything that’s happening in my life! I’m happy even when I’m sad! I believe in god’s Plan, I really do! I’m on my way back home! It’s just a little set back for an amazing comeback!”
- The UFC posted a tribute video for Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov.
- The UFC released the official poster for their July 25 show on Fight Island.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Lex Luger slams Yokozuna
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today