- UFC 235 live results: Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith, Woodley vs. Usman
- NXT Pittsburgh live results: Kyle O'Reilly's birthday show
- PWG Two Hundred results: Jeff Cobb vs. Bandido
- WWE Main Event results: EC3 loses on his show debut
- Roman Reigns episode of Chronicle to air on WWE Network
- Impact Wrestling results: Impact & Cage vs. Kross & Moose
- US title open challenge, Miz vs. Jey Uso set for WWE SmackDown
- WWE reveals bracket for 205 Live tournament
- Left My Wallet: ECW Original CW Anderson 3/2
- F4D: Lance Storm on RAW, Becky vs. Ronda, WWE callups, more! 3/2
- WOL: Becky vs. Ronda, Jon Jones, WWE Fastlane, Raw preview 3/1
- Wrestling Weekly: Les & Vic talk WWE returns 3/1
- WOR: Ronda Rousey & Becky Lynch Twitter war, Jones, Luke Perry 3/1
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Main roster arrivals and WWE departures
Last week was a period of arrivals and departures for WWE.
Without much advance warning, Ricochet, Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, and Tommaso Ciampa all debuted on Raw last Monday. After news of them being backstage was reported online, WWE tweeted out pictures of them to hype that they were at the show. Triple H then opened Raw and confirmed that they would be debuting later in the night. Ricochet made a save for Finn Balor and teamed with him to defeat Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush, Black defeated Elias, and Gargano & Ciampa got a win against Raw Tag Team Champions The Revival in a non-title match.
Roman Reigns (Leati Joseph Anoa’i, 33), returned to WWE after four months off, which included both a battle with leukemia as well as a role in the movie “Hobbs and Shaw” on the 2/25 show in Atlanta.
Georges St-Pierre announced his retirement on 2/21, seeming very happy to go out on his own terms but admitting that he was retiring now because UFC wasn’t interested in making a fight between him and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
New Japan this past week announced their first-ever 32-man New Japan Cup tournament, as well as announced its 47th anniversary show and sold out two joint Honor Rising shows with ROH.
Jeff Jarrett and his now-dormant Global Force Entertainment Company have filed a new $4.8 million lawsuit against Impact Wrestling and Anthem Entertainment in U.S. District Court in Tennessee on 2/21.
This week’s update on WrestleMania is that HHH vs. Batista is obviously a done deal.
The UFC debuted in the Czech Republic on 2/23 with a fight night event in Prague held on ESPN+ headlined by Jan Blachowicz and Thiago Santos in a light heavyweight bout.
Honky Tonk Man (Roy Wayne Ferris, 66) was announced on 2/26 as being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on 4/6 at the Barclays Center. Ferris had been asked in the past and turned it down because he didn’t like some of the restrictions in the contract claiming it would cost him independent money because he’d have to cancel dates.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- In addition to the Chronicle episode on Roman Reigns, a new edition of WWE Untold will premiere on the WWE Network on Monday. It will air at 11:30 p.m. Eastern time, which is right after Chronicle ends. The Untold episode will be about WWE’s ECW revival from 2006: “Get the extreme story behind ECW's 2006 return from those who lived it, including Paul Heyman, Shane McMahon, Tommy Dreamer, and more."
- A new episode of WWE Photo Shoot will air on the Network after Fastlane on March 10. AJ Styles will be the focus of the show: “The Phenomenal AJ Styles takes us through the picture-perfect moments from his stellar career on the Season 2 premiere of WWE Photo Shoot!”
- WWE Network News has the content listing for the Shawn Michaels collection that’s being uploaded to the Network on Monday. A Trish Stratus collection is also coming to the Network on Monday, and Stratus’ website posted the content listing earlier this week.
- John Cena spoke to Uproxx about Becky Lynch being an example of WWE giving the consumer what they want: “We are in the entertainment business. Whatever the consumer finds most entertaining, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion anything. What the consumer wants, WWE will give. I think Daniel Bryan a few years ago in the main event of WrestleMania was a great example of that. And I think the women that are supposedly within the main event of WrestleMania this year were pushing forward toward that historic, monumental occasion. I’m one of those people who think that it should’ve happened a whole lot earlier, but I’m very proud that our audience is at a point where they’re screaming at the top of their lungs, ‘Hey, this is what we want to see.’ I was so extremely happy for Becky Lynch to be able to find this personality that she carved out of thin air and almost out of desperation and become so successful with it.”
- Pastor Ed Young has a new out-of-character interview with The Undertaker.
- Ronda Rousey uploaded an “on the road” video from this week’s Raw.
- WKYC in Cleveland spoke to Johnny Gargano ahead of tonight’s NXT house show.
- Stephen Merchant wrote an article for The Guardian on the British media’s coverage of Paige and professional wrestling.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Kevin Owens and Finn Balor’s NXT Championship match from NXT TV in March 2015.
- After Ric Flair said at an appearance that Harley Race has terminal lung cancer, David Marquez spoke to Race’s family and sent out a tweet clarifying things: “I’ve just spoke to Harley Race’s family and yes he has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer but it’s not terminal. He’s being treated and supervised by his doctors. He is still very active in @worldleaguewlw and appreciates everyone’s concerns.” Race’s World League Wrestling also retweeted Marquez and said Race is asking fans to respect the boundaries of private and public matters.
- Shawn Spears (the former Tye Dillinger) has been announced for All Pro Wrestling’s Bay Area Bash show in Daly City, California on June 15.
- Spears’ first post-WWE autograph signing will be at Heroes Hideout in Albany, New York on March 16.
- Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr. have been announced for Revolution Pro Wrestling’s WrestleMania week show in New York City on April 5.
- Dana White said the UFC is “nowhere close” to making Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone: “Listen, these two have been talking about this and I said if they want to fight I would do it. But we’re nowhere close to a fight. We’re actually looking at other opponents for ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone now.” White noted that they’re looking at booking Cerrone vs. Al Iaquinta and said we’ll probably see McGregor return in the fall.
- White doesn’t know where Tony Ferguson stands in the lightweight title mix after declining an interim title fight. With lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov suspended, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier will face off for the interim title next month.
- Episode six of Embedded for tonight’s UFC 235 PPV is now available.
- The UFC released a PSA to raise awareness of how to help combat the opioid epidemic.
- UFC will return to Stockholm, Sweden for an ESPN+ show on June 1.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Austin & Pillman win WCW Tag Team titles
Ed in San Antonio presents the WRESTLEMANIAWeekend Events (more to be added):
- Sunday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!