As he publicly campaigns for a fight against Frankie Edgar, former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor is being investigated for sexual assault case, the second such accusation he's faced in the last 12 months.
The story was reported by the New York Times on Saturday.
The second allegation stems from an incident last week outside a pub in Dublin, Ireland, where a woman in her 20s claims she was sexually assaulted in car. McGregor has not been charged and hasn't been interviewed about the claim.
In a statement to the Times, McGregor's publicist said, “Conor McGregor is frequently the subject of rumors. He emphatically denies any report accusing him of sexual assault.”
McGregor's tumultuous life outside the cage has been a story for the majority of the year:
- He remains under investigation for a sexual assault claim from December 2018.
- He was charged with a felony and a misdemeanor after an incident with a man outside a Miami nightclub in which McGregor destroyed his cell phone. Charges were later dropped.
McGregor has said he wants to return to action soon and was pushing for a December fight with the former UFC lightweight champion Edgar, but Dana White said there's no interest in doing that fight. He has been out of action for a year.