- WWE Raw ratings up, still second lowest non-holiday number
- Ross & Marshall Von Erich sign multi-year deals with MLW
- ROH TV results: LifeBlood vs. The Kingdom
- WWE Raw video highlights: Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan
- NEVER Openweight title match added to NJPW Dominion
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White set for NJPW BOSJ finals
- NJPW announces blocks, matches for Best of the Super Juniors
- Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio official for WWE Money in the Bank
- WWE introduces 'Wild Card rule' for brand split
- WWE Raw live results: Roman Reigns appears
- WOL: RAW, Wildcard Rule, Jack Swagger interview, more! 5/7
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: NWA retro TV review 5/7
- WOR: Flair vs. Kerry, XFL, RAW, tons more! 5/7
A brother vs. brother match will be one of the key pieces of All Elite Wrestling's Double or Nothing card.
After weeks of teases, Dustin Rhodes was confirmed as his brother Cody's opponent for Double or Nothing at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 25. Dustin issued a statement about his status with WWE after the announcement was made, revealing that he had requested his release from WWE and was granted it. Dustin also posted a video where he said goodbye to his Goldust character.
One of the biggest news issues of the year, a double issue, leads off with a basic state of the industry right now. Read about how WWE business fell in the first quarter, what is and isn't the long-term prognostication, usage of fake stats in business that history shows are meaningless to growth, WWE injuries, WWE getting behind new talent, changes in October, and more.
Read a lot more on Brock Lesnar staying with WWE and not returning to WWE, such as how the ESPN deal has changed things for top stars in UFC, when Lesnar can command so much money, what has happened over the last year with Lesnar, UFC and WWE and more.
Read the update on Money in the Bank and Double or Nothing and the ticket demand for both.
Look at the front runner for 2021 WrestleMania, notes on 2020 WrestleMania plans including what match is off the books, Dean Ambrose becomes Jon Moxley and what that means, update on situation with Luke Harper, The Revival, Gallows & Anderson and others.
Read rundowns on the UFC and Bellator shows this past week, with business notes, how much the fighters got paid and match-by-match rundowns of both events.
Read more on the Japanese legacy of The Destroyer, listing all of his championship matches in Japan, as well as his biggest wins and his infrequent losses in All Japan in the 70s and 80s.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- SmackDown tonight is at the KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Shane McMahon is set to crown new SmackDown tag team champions after The Hardy Boyz vacated the titles last week. Also set for tonight is Ali vs. Andrade and a six woman tag team match pitting Bayley, Ember Moon and Carmella vs. Charlotte Flair, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.
- 205 Live tonight has Akira Tozawa facing Mike Kanellis.
- In an interview with Chris Van Vliet, Rhyno said that WWE offered to double his current downside, but turned it down. His last day for the WWE will be on July 17. He plans on working in the independent scene once his contract expires, and in the interview said he does not have a no-compete period.
- Peyton Royce and Billie Kay mocked Cincinnati for having bee problems in a segment not aired on Raw.
- WWE has put out new t-shirts for Sami Zayn.
- Drew McIntyre talked to the Independent about WWE and the UK wrestling scene.
- WWE is looking for a writer’s assistant.
- Former WWE/Impact star Matt Morgan has been named the new mayor of Longwood, Florida after a vote by Longwood City commissioners.
- NWA has released a Ten Pounds of Gold episode recapping the Crockett Cup.
- Viceland announced that they will be premiering The Wrestlers documentary series starting on May 22 at 10 p.m. ET. Extended cuts of the Dark Side of the Ring series featuring new footage will air an hour before The Wrestlers at 9 p.m. ET.
- TMZ is reporting than Anthony “Rumble” Johnson was arrested Monday night for domestic violence after his girlfriend said that he “put her in a football hold” and carried her to another room during an arguement. Johnson was previously been arrested for domestic violence back in 2009 and later pled no contest to the charges.
- Monster Energy has parted ways with TJ Dillashaw, according to Ariel Helwani. Dillashaw is serving a two year suspension after testing positive for EPO.
- A match between Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa has been verbally agreed on for UFC 241 on August 17.
- Jack Hermansson told MMA Fighting that Chris Weidman is not his first choice for an opponent and would prefer Kelvin Gastelum or Yoel Romero.
- UFC has signed a deal with Murphys Boxing that will see the promotion stream fights on the UFC Fight Pass service.
- ONE has a video highlighting the upcoming Sage Northcutt/Cosmo Alexandre fight.
- Max Griffin has signed a new contract with the UFC and is hoping for a spot on a UFC on ESPN+ card on July 13 in his hometown of Sacramento.
- Rob Font vs. Cody Stamann has been set for Greenville on June 22.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Flair vs. Steamboat at WrestleWar 1989
F4W Empire Convention Info:
- Ed in San Antonio presents PODER~! at the FSW arena on Friday 5/24 - Showtime is at noon - Main event: Bryan Alvarez vs. Logan Stunt
- Empire dinner on Friday 5/24 at 8:30 p.m. at Texas de Brazil - Price is $82 - All you can eat meat and salad, sodas, tea, and coffee, plus dessert included
- Empire suite party on Friday 5/24 for those who were not able to get the Q&A package - Price is $25
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!