- WWE Raw ratings up for first post-Vince McMahon episode
- Jungle Boy segment set for AEW Dynamite
- WWE’s Roman Reigns comments on reduced schedule, Brock Lesnar rivalry
- Vince McMahon 'heavily edited' by WWE creative team staff due to insensitive language, incorrect info
- Liv Morgan says WWE is 'in great hands' with Triple H running creative
- WWE on A&E ratings: Biography down, Rivals up
- Nick Wayne on flight diverted due to bomb threat
- Wrestling Observer Live: First post-Vince RAW, gradual change, Nick Wayne, more!
- Figure Four Daily: Lance Storm on Hunter and Vince, Ric Flair crash, RAW and Dynamite, more
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: History of pro wrestling at MSG continues
- Wrestling Observer Radio: Vince McMahon, ratings, G-1 update, RAW report, more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Job Listing: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress a plus. Email email@example.com with subject PHP DEVELOPER with resume.
F4W All Out weekend Q&A, meet & greet, pizza party, bus ticket information: https://f4wchicago2022.brownpapertickets.com/
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Tuesday News Update
- WWE stock closed today at $69.39 per share, down 3.51 percent from yesterday. The stock is still up from where it was before Vince McMahon announced his retirement. On Monday, WWE’s stock rose more than eight percent. The increase was due to the belief that WWE is more likely to be sold following McMahon’s retirement.
- While Raw was in commercial last night, there was a segment for the live crowd where Ronda Rousey beat up Doudrop and Nikki Cross and put Doudrop in an ankle lock. Before Rousey came out, Doudrop said she was sick of being disrespected and wasn’t going to leave the ring until someone made her.
- Brandon Ross of LightShed Ventures shared a behind-the-scenes photo of Paul “Triple H” Levesque at Madison Square Garden before last night’s show went on the air.
- AEW’s Buddy Matthews reacted to his real-life girlfriend Rhea Ripley and former on–screen love interest Aalyah Mysterio sharing the screen together on Raw: “I’ll let them fight for my custody in a ladder match!”
- WWE has announced that Zoey Stark will kick off tonight’s episode of NXT: “After nearly nine months away from the ring, Zoey Stark made a shocking return to action last Tuesday, surviving 19 other women in a Battle Royal to earn an NXT Women’s Title Match against Mandy Rose. Following her whirlwind return, Stark will kick off NXT 2.0 to address her long road to recovery and her future title opportunity against the leader of the trio that put her on the shelf. What will Stark say to the NXT Universe? Find out Tuesday night on NXT 2.0 at 8/7 C on USA!”
- Indi Hartwell vs. Arianna Grace has also been added to tonight’s NXT.
- BT Sport uploaded parts one and two of an interview that Ariel Helwani conducted with Rey Mysterio.
- To promote SummerSlam, John Cena is coming to the Fortnite item shop on July 28. Asuka, Xavier Woods, and Undertaker skins will also be made available on Fall Guys that day.
- In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Happy Corbin spoke about facing Pat McAfee at SummerSlam: “Pat connects with people all over the world. He’s found success in everything he’s done. He is showing that you don’t need to be 6'7" to do this. He gives people hope that they can find success in life. I’m a big, salty, angry guy. At SummerSlam, I’m going to take away all that hope and inspiration.”
- Jeff Jarrett and Dolph Ziggler will be guests on Wednesday's episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins from SummerSlam 2020, AJ Styles & Omos vs. The Viking Raiders for the Raw Tag Team titles from the July 26, 2021 episode of Raw, and Nikki A.S.H. vs. Charlotte Flair from that same Raw episode.
- Tony Khan said in an interview with the Daily Star that the AEW roster is getting closer to full strength after the injuries they've dealt with: "With Bryan Danielson back on Wednesday night, we're getting closer to an AEW at full strength. Seeing AEW with all of our top stars finally back at the same time would be really exciting and I think that's where we're heading towards. The shows are getting stronger, and the roster is getting stronger and healthier every week.”
- Khan told NBC Sports Boston’s Ten Count Wrestling Podcast that he isn’t sure Stephanie McMahon and Triple H gaining power will make WWE more likely to do a Forbidden Door-type event with AEW: “I’m not sure if that’s the case, but I would certainly be open to talk to pretty much any wrestling promotion in the world about how to work together if the circumstances are right. We’ve worked with, I would say, in terms of either securing footage or providing talent with probably a dozen companies around the world – including Ring of Honor before I was the owner.”
- Khan was asked if Vince McMahon retiring is good for AEW:
- I believe there are a lot of great wrestling fans all over the world who are following pro wrestling closely, and there’s obviously been shake-ups. I’ve definitely followed that promotion [WWE] since I was a small kid, and it’ll be interesting to see how things turn out in the world of pro wrestling.
- I’m a big fan of pro wrestling all over the place, not just AEW and now not just Ring of Honor either. We work with New Japan Pro-Wrestling, and a lot of other great companies all over the world. So, we’ll see what’s to be held for the future of the pro wrestling business, but I’m glad AEW and Ring of Honor are both a huge part of it.
- 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Wrestling Inside the Ropes also has an interview with Khan.
- Chris Jericho spoke to TV Insider at Comic-Con.
- This week’s edition of Sammy Guevara’s vlog is now available.
- Conrad Thompson said during a Starrcast V media call today that he’ll be giving David Crockett 100 percent ownership of the “Jim Crockett Promotions” trademark after Ric Flair’s Last Match. The trademark is currently jointly owned by Starrcast and David Crockett.
- As a precautionary measure, Kosei Fujita missed today’s NJPW show at Korakuen Hall and will also miss Wednesday’s event: “As a result of damage sustained in his match Wednesday in Sendai, Kosei Fujita will not be competing on the July 26 and 27 cards in Korakuen Hall as a precautionary measure. We apologise to fans who were looking forward to seeing Fujita wrestle, and appreciate your understanding.”
- Joey Janela is the guest on the latest episode of The Sessions with Renee Paquette.