- Ricky Starks vs. Cole Karter FTW title match set for AEW Dynamite
- Impact Bound For Glory heading to Danbury, Connecticut
- WWE NXT viewership up slightly, demo rating ticks down
- WWE announces '#MonthOfMysterio' 20th anniversary celebration
- WWE SummerSlam listed with TV-14 rating on Peacock
- Amanda Huber says Brodie Lee would be 'over the moon' if he saw -1 in AEW
- Ric Flair personally thanked Vince McMahon for adding him back to WWE signature open
- WWE's Seth Rollins apologizes after 'harsh and abrupt' interaction with fans
- Wrestling Observer Live: NXT 2.0 women's battle royal, Dynamite tonight, Flair talks Vince, more!
- JNPO: Chad Dundas on 'The Territories,' UFC's gradual evolution
- Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show: RAW 30 plus Granny and more!
- Speak Now: NXT 2.0 show review
- Figure Four Daily with Lance Storm: Smackdown, Dynamite with a great tag title change, more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Job Listing: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress a plus. Email email@example.com with subject PHP DEVELOPER with resume.
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- Among the highlights:
- Match and performer of the week
- Vince McMahon, the non-disclosures, the economic effect, reaction from talent, the investigation, keys as to whether he stays or goes, keys to the current investigation, the settlements, details of the most recent settlement story and key points in it, comments from women over the years, the 2006 tanning bed story, Rita Chatterton talks, and follow-ups of other investigations.
- WrestleMania, SummerSlam and ROH Death Before Dishonor
- Stardom Midsummer Champions and the next major Stardom events
- UFC notes from this past week
- Ratings from all wrestling shows
- 2022 World Grand Prix tournament
- AAA major summer show
- What will be Triplemania's major title match
- Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year
- Triple Crown title change
- Pro Wrestling NOAH co-promoting this year's tournament that led to the formation of ROH in 2001
- Keiji Muto has one of his final matches this week
- Update on Kota Ibushi
- First week of G1
- Two legendary tag teams have singles matches against each other
- Three AEW stars on Japanese women's show
- Bill Goldberg talks Bret Hart
- Ric Flair documentary series
- Japanese stars coming to base in North America
- Legendary promoter cutting back after 52 years
- Full breakdown on ticket sales to All Out
- Lots of injury updates involving the biggest stars
- Goal of the three-way tag title match on Dynamite and original plans
- Upcoming ticket sales for WWE and AEW
- Chris Jericho talks his illness from last year
- AEW star in Bare Knuckle fight in England
- Streaming numbers for WWE & AEW
- UFC lobbying for a bill that could have great effect on pro wrestlers
- US group opening regular promotion in Europe
- Next MSG show from WWE
- International TV numbers
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Wednesday News Update
- WWE Shop is now officially being operated by Fanatics. WWE and Fanatics entered into a "comprehensive, long-term sports and entertainment partnership” this March.
- Ahead of challenging for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team titles at SummerSlam, Montez Ford told Sports Illustrated that he isn’t ready to shift his focus to becoming a singles wrestler yet: “The difference between singles wrestling and being part of a tag team is that all the attention is on you. I’m not ready to shift my focus yet. There is still a lot left for me to attain with Dawkins. SummerSlam is a huge opportunity. We want to make that night special.”
- Valentino Khan will again be DJing for the live crowd at SummerSlam this year.
- Seth Rollins spoke to the Metro about wanting to get something original out of Riddle in their match at SummerSlam:
- That’s the thing – I wanna know who this guy is. I wanna know who is beyond being just Randy’s bro, you know?
- Obviously the audience took a big liking to him based on his relationship with Randy, but now we don’t know if Randy’s ever coming back. We got no clue what Randy’s medical situation is.
- He’s out here having to stand by himself, but he’s still out here doing Randy’s moves, doing Randy’s poses. I’d like to know, who is Riddle? Who is this Original Bro?
- I’d love to see something original about him. I’m gonna push that out of him one way or another. If he doesn’t wanna respond, that he’s gonna fall by the wayside or he’s gonna rise to the occasion – we shall see.
- One week after turning against her former partner Roxanne Perez, Cora Jade threw her NXT Women’s Tag Team title belt in the trash on NXT last night. WWE.com now lists Perez as being one-half of the NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions and the other half as being vacant.
- Madusa praised Jade’s promo from last night’s NXT: “Great promo… #coraismoney @CoraJadeWWE @WWENXT @WWEUniverse”
- Chelsea Green claimed that the Axiom character is “everything Deonna Purrazzo pitched” while with NXT. A-Kid debuted as Axiom on NXT last night.
- Purrazzo responded to Green: “It only took them 4 years to understand”
- Liv Morgan was a guest on the Pat McAfee Show today.
- Rey & Dominik Mysterio appeared on WWE’s The Bump this afternoon.
- NXT’s Tiffany Stratton named Charlotte Flair as her dream opponent.
- In a bonus clip from this Friday’s Broken Skull Sessions episode, Sami Zayn played the 30-Second Shot Clock game.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Big E vs. Lesnar vs. Lashley vs. Rollins vs. Owens for the WWE Championship from Day 1, AJ Styles & Omos vs. RK-Bro for the Raw Tag Team titles from SummerSlam 2021, and Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin from SummerSlam 2018.
- AEW announced its updated roster rankings.
- Mick Foley wished Eddie Kingston the best in his barbed wire death match against Chris Jericho on Dynamite tonight.
- Bryan Danielson tweeted about Kingston vs. Jericho: “One of these men takes credit for injuring me and the other one is the man I actually blame for it. Excited to see them destroy each other… and when I get back I’ll kick both their heads in #AEWDynamite”
- After Jon Moxley shouted them out at a press conference, Athletic Brewing sent Moxley a shipment of non-alcoholic beer.
- Athena was interviewed by Rich Ucchino for Cageside Seats.
- Circle 6 announced that Brody King will no longer be able to appear for them this weekend: “Unfortunately Brody will no longer be able to join us this coming weekend. I know a lot of people were hyped for him to be there so if this detours anyone from wanting to attend that has already purchased a ticket, you can reach out through the point of purchase for a refund.”
- Jungle Kyona vs. Masha Slamovich is set for Jersey Championship Wrestling’s Uncensored show on Saturday, September 10. The event will air live on YouTube for free.
- PROGRESS Wrestling announced that Tom Dawkins (Cara Noir) is unable to compete at their show this Sunday due to injury.
- Clark Connors was the guest on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.